Step Into Your Dream Outdoor Space
What are Pergolas and How Do We Install Them?
Pergolas come in a variety of shapes and sizes designed to diminish the effect of heavy sunrays and make it more enjoyable to stay outside longer.
95% of our pergolas are made with rough cedar material. That’s by far the most common selection around Kansas City. Compared with other contractors, we make them much thicker, more durable, and to a larger scale, overall.
We like to use 6X6 posts, 2X10 headers, 2X8 slats, and 1X4 purlins running across. If customers desire more shade during the summertime, we can also tighten the gaps between the purlins to further reduce sun exposure.
Can a Kansas City pergola be part of the house?
A pergola attached to the house must go through permitting since it affects the existing structure. This has a lot to do with the loads involved, the span, the size, and how far out it extends. It will also include a city inspection before we finish the project.
How Do You Avoid Pergola Installation Mistakes?
You shouldn’t run into too many installation issues with a pergola, provided you don’t cut corners or rush the process. We won’t take things any further than what the city code allows. Other contractors may not follow the permitting process all the way, which could get you into trouble somewhere down the road.
Hinkle Outdoor Living, a Class C building contractor, always follows a step-by-step procedure, which guarantees your pergola will assemble correctly. This includes paying close attention to all the minor details such as using the right bolts and flashing. We follow the required specs and never have any problems.
Benefits of Installing a New Pergola for Your Home
1. Add Shade to Your New Outdoor Bar or Grill
You never want to build outdoor components without considering functionality. This really holds true for outdoor bars and grills, which need shade and protection during the summer heat. A pergola could be the simplest and most effective to guarantee that.
2. You Gain an Effective Privacy Wall
It’s also a nice way to secure more privacy without building perimeter fences or other complex tasks.
3. They Go Great with Gardens
You can stick one of these in the garden and grow gorgeous ivy and landscaping along them. Many homeowners devise classy floral arrangements and decorative elements to beautify their pergola.
4. You’ll Enjoy Better Home Value
They’re an easy way to boost both home value and outdoor aesthetics simultaneously. You can also compliment it with numerous other hot-ticket items such as fiberglass swimming pools.
5. Highly Customizable
You can run a Google image search and find a plethora of effective ways to use a pergola. Some homeowners combine them with outdoor fireplaces, garage extensions, on top of decks, and other terrific ideas.
Other Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Area
Hinkle Outdoor Living has grown into Kansas City’s top design/construction company for creating full-blown outdoor living spaces. This means we know how to install a sturdy pergola with an array of other items. We can help you establish a total backyard masterpiece.
Here are some proven ways to do that:
- Outdoor Kitchens – It’s easy to fit one of these into either a pergola or covered structure. They make outdoor dinner parties much easier and more fun.
- Fire Pits & Fireplaces – Imagine being able to remain outdoors well into the night even during the dead of winter. Fire pits come in numerous shapes, sizes, and designs, making them immensely popular with KC homeowners.
- Various Covered Structures – For a fuller enclosure than a pergola, you might prefer for another covered structure. The Hinkle team has full licensing to build an entire house, so we’re the preferred contractor for installing these sometimes elaborate home extensions and free-standing structures.
- Fiberglass Swimming Pools – The other smart way to beat the heat in the summer is to have your own pool. We can install fiberglass pools and have you ready to swim faster than our competitors (without cutting corners).
Hinkle Outdoor Living: Pergolas, Covered Structures, Patios, Decks, and More!
Now is the best time to install a spectacular new pergola or covered structure and truly maximize your outdoor home value. If you’re still on the fence about it, feel free to look through our gallery of finished projects. These are examples of how we’ve helped homeowners beautify their backyard and make it far more functional for cooking, swimming, outdoor dining, and more.
Contact us anytime to discover phenomenal upgrade opportunities like pergolas, decks, swimming pools, fire pits, and more.
Design Discovery Call
In-Home Design Meeting
Design Review Call
Design Presentation Call
This Could Be You
Delighting customers with the ultimate backyard escape for 15+ years.