Step Into Your Dream Outdoor Space
Three Ways to do Decks: Composite, Treated Lumber, and Cedar
We install three kinds of decks: 1) Composite, 2) Treated Lumber, and 3) Cedar.
The choice between each style often comes down to budgetary figures. Lately, our clients really enjoy the composite versions from manufacturers like Fiberon Good Life materials with Deck Pros aluminum railing.
A deck project has the same installation process as the patios we do. We don’t normally install them as stand-alone efforts, but as part of a total outdoor element. Given what we bring to the table, our ideal clients are the ones who pair a deck with a patio or covered structure. There are also several ways to pair a deck project with an outdoor kitchen.
We can even cover a deck in metal studs and wrap it in stone veneer to make it lighter. Most deck projects, roughly 95% of them, begin the same way as a covered structure or pool project. Hinkle Outdoor Living starts it off with the design phase, followed by permitting, where we determine the spacing and span of the lumber.
Most of ours are built on 12-inch spinners, especially the composite installations. Finally, the pier holes will receive city inspections, and then we’re finished.
Our Decks are More Reliable Than Other Contractors
We’ve seen a lot of strange deck designs from other contractors over several years in this business. This would include questionable arrangements like 2X8 stringers, 4X4 posts, 2X8 framing, and many other things you’d rather not try. We’ve even encountered 16-foot deck rail spans (whereas ours are about six feet).
This happens when a contractor doesn’t pull a permit or you try to build something without submitting it to a city inspection. The shortfalls of this are pretty obvious and severe. It’s one of the essential reasons to only hire a Class C contractor (like us) for major upgrades like these.
Hinkle Outdoor Living prefers to “over-engineer” our decks out of an abundance of caution and to guarantee long-lasting durability. We use 6X6 posts, 2X10 joists, and never span them out too far. Unless it’s a small deck, we’ll install it onto 12-inch spinners (this is most essential for composite decking).
Benefits of Installing a New Deck for Your Home
- Huge Boost in Property Aesthetics – While other companies might say this, we can actually PROVE that our workmanship will boost backyard beautification tremendously. We encourage you to browse through our finished project gallery to see gorgeous photos of what we’ve already done for Kansas City homeowners. You won’t be disappointed.
- Expansion of Living Space – This is a wonderful way to make better use of your backyard. If it wasn’t a very appealing living space previously, a new composite deck could make this a much more palatable option for evening get-togethers or relaxing alone.
- ROI & Greater Home Value – It’s not extraordinarily complicated to put in a new deck for a high ROI. Many local homeowners will replace a damaged version before putting their house on the market.
- It’s Affordable – You can build pretty sophisticated deck/patio combinations without breaking the bank. Also, if you have certain budget concerns, we’re more than happy to help you explore financing options.
Other Terrific Complimentary Projects
As we mentioned, Hinkle Outdoor Living specializes in envisioning and assembling a total outdoor living space. Our clients come to us when they want to take something average and transform it into a backyard masterpiece. Therefore, you may wish to hire us for a comprehensive project that includes one of these other popular home outdoor upgrades.
- Fire Pits & Fireplaces – If you’re more inclined toward concrete and would like to explore fireplace options, we’re more than capable of designing those as well. There are also ways to do fire pits with a wooden deck, provided you have a pro do it carefully.
- Outdoor Kitchens – These continue to grow in popularity. This goes well beyond a simple grilling station on your patio.
- Fiberglass Swimming Pools – We can install pools faster, and with greater precision and drainage, than any other local contractor. They’re fun and relaxing for members of all ages.
- Other Covered Structures – Then, we can take your outdoor living element even further with a pergola, pool house, or other covered structure.
Hinkle Outdoor Living: Kansas City’s Best for Deck Installation
If any of these outdoor design opportunities sound appealing, then it doesn’t hurt to reach out to us, either online or by phone. The best way is to fill out the online form, which includes your name, address, phone number, and the basic goals/ideas you have. If we can help you accomplish those objectives, you’ll have the chance to meet with our team to put together the most perfect deck, patio, swimming pool, or combination thereof.
Contact us today to find out even more about how Hinkle Outdoor Living installs the most endurable decks and outdoor elements in Kansas City.
Design Discovery Call
In-Home Design Meeting
Design Review Call
Design Presentation Call
This Could Be You
Delighting customers with the ultimate backyard escape for 15+ years.